Tuesday, May 8, 2012
5 Simple Tips To A Healthier You
Here's 5 simple (and when I say simple I mean simple) tips which will make you feel a lot better!
1. Drink Water - Yes I realize everyone says "drink water, lots of water"! But that's because it's one of the best things you can do for yourself! And yes 8 - 10 glasses a day does seem daunting at first (especially when you're craving that Pepsi), but you get used to it. Also if you think water is boring, then spice it up with some cut up fruit! Oranges, lemons and limes work best for this. Simply let them sit in a jug of water overnight. I try to carry a bottle of water with me everywhere I go, and when I have it around, the more water I drink!
2. Stretch Every Day - You want to stretch your muscles to help keep them young and limber! This also doesn't take long. When you get up in the morning do a couple stretches for about 5 minutes before you start the day. This also helps you wake up in the morning so you're not pouring your coffee into your cereal bowl.
3. Get Fresh Air - It's really important to try to exercise for about 30 minutes day, and taking a walk is a great way to exercise and get fresh air. But sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day! If you can't get out for a walk or a run, try just sitting outside while you read a book, or answer your emails. Breathing in fresh air and soaking up some sun will do wonders for your mood.
4. Clean Yourself - Yes this is an obvious one, but seriously, make time to wash your face throughly everyday and clean your teeth! Part of being healthy is cleaning yourself, take the few minutes each day to wash your face, and brush and floss your teeth. You'll thank yourself in the long run. You may have to force yourself for a while, but soon you'll get into the habit and it will become second nature.
5. Get A Better Sleep - Research shows that you function better after you've slept for 7 - 8 hours! To help make the most of your rest, also try to turn off all electronics 30 - 60 minutes before you plan to sleep. If you're used to surfing the net before bed, trying reading a book instead. Also having a routine before helps your brain realize it's time to sleep, wether it's having a shower or giving your self a foot rub, try to keep your bedtime routine consistent.
Hope these simple tips help and inspire you to become more healthy! Remember start off small and work your way up! I try to start with a few small things at first and slowly add more things! Have a wonderful and healthy day!