Saturday, May 19, 2012

Product Review: Revlon Lip Butters

 
I am back with another product review! Yay! I am sure you have heard of these before and if not this is the perfect time for me to share my views on the product. We are going to do this one a little different than normal. I am going to do the normal pro con format but then I am going to go into detail with the four colours that I currently own, that way you can give them a go! So here we go...


Price:  $6 (Canadian) they are universally the same price everywhere I go.

Pros: I love that it gives you amazing colour to your lips without drying out your lips. It really makes you feel as though you are actually helping them. I also love the selection of colours they have. Literally everything from nudes to the deepest of reds. Plus the price isn't too shabby.

Cons: I find that occasionally, depending on the condition of my lips one application is good, but it doesn't last too too long, maybe 2 hours then it still has a hint of colour but it isn't as vibrant and when I go to put more applications on, often its better to wipe it off completely and start again because it doesn't go on even for me the second or third time. 

Final Verdict: I would definitely buy these again. I plan on expanding my little collection soon, but I am trying to curb my spending for a wee while. I would definitely suggest going and picking one up if you haven't already!

Now let's get colourful!!



Now this is one of my more nude colours. It is Creme Brulee (095), I wanted this so if I had a more casual look or even wanted to tone down my lips a little (I have very red lips naturally) I could use this. It looks very brown in the tube but when applied it just dulls down the red in your lips and adds a slight shimmer, which I find to be really stunning.


My second colour is Sugar Frosting (005) which is a really soft pink colour. I find this is one of the ones I have application troubles with. It is a really nice pink on and I really like the colour on me, again like Creme Brulee if I want to tone down my lips and go for a softer look.


I picked up this colour recently and it has to be my favourite. It is Sweet Tart (090) which is almost a hot pink colour and I am in love with it. It's application is always smooth and the colour stays vibrant the longest for me. I usually wear it with a really subtle eye, usually I mix sin from the naked palette into my eyes so I keep with a pink theme. By far though if you are looking for a pink colour you have to add this to your collection.


Lastly is Tutti Frutti (015) which I mentioned in my April favourites video. I picked this one up early on in April and it took me FOREVER to find. It is worn by Emma Stone in the ads (it says so on the ad above the display) so I figure many people picked it over because of that. This is an amazing orange colour, that I am loving for the summer. It isn't the brightest of orange but if you don't want to go too bold with your lip, this is perfect. Again like Sugar Frosting, it doesn't apply well the second or third time, but that I can pardon.

I hope you enjoyed this little review. Let me know, have you ever tried Revlon Lip Butters? What are your thoughts? Leave me a comment!

-xx
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment