Monday, June 4, 2012

Pamper Yourself

The first thing that I think of when I hear the word "pamper" is going to a spa and spending lots of money.  However it doesn't have to be like that! Last night after getting back from Niagara, cleaning my room and doing laundry I was feeling a bit worse for wear, and in need of some TLC.  But due to lack of funds I wasn't about to go and book a spa day!  So instead I created my own "spa" here at home!

Granted my "spa" wasn't anything extraordinary, but it did make me feel a whole lot better!  After a hot shower I slipped into some comfy sweats and lit some candles.  While enjoying the calming atmosphere in my room I read some Vogue and gave my self a french manicure (not that hard to do!).  Finally I finished it off by watching Midnight in Paris (I love this movie to bits!  If I could move anywhere in the world it would be Paris! I've only been once but it was love at first sight!).

Taking time out of my busy week to treat myself to things I don't normally do always makes me feel amazing.  It's really important to spend some time doing things for you and doing things just because you want to.  And what you do doesn't really matter, it could be taking a nice long bath, reading a book, or doing some yoga - just do it for you!

So next time you're feeling a bit tattered around the edges, set some time aside to spend pampering yourself!  Have a wonderful evening.
-xx Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment