Thursday, August 9, 2012
Weekly Tip : Cleaning Your Makeup Brushes
This week's weekly tip will be about cleaning your make up brushes. Cleaning your make up brushes is a hygienic step that most people miss, but it's a very important one!
What you'll need :
Soap (I personally use liquid soap for sensitive skin)
Your Makeup Brushes
How To Clean :
1. Fill your bowl with hot water and your choice of soap.
2. Submerge your brushes in the water and scrub (you may need to change the water once or twice).
3. Empty your dirty water, rinse out the bowl and fill it with clean hot water.
4. Rinse off all of the soap (this is important as soap residue can irritate your skin) on your brushes.
5. Towel dry your brushes and leave out to dry over night.
How often should you clean them ?
This really depends on how often you use each of your brushes, however a good rule of thumb is to clean them once a week. You want to make sure that you rid your brushes of left over makeup and any bacteria to keep your skin as healthy as possible.
How do you guys clean your makeup brushes ? Let us know in the comments below!